Vancouver International Airport is one of the best airports I've been to. Here are the top 10 things I love about the YVR airport:
- Kid-friendly: Play spaces and play stations are a great way to keep kids busy while waiting for a flight.
- On-site car rental facilities: Most of the major car rental companies are just steps away from the terminal - right across the street! No need to lug all your baggage onto a shuttle to get to a rental car facility.
- Pre-clearance: YVR is a pre-clearance airport for most airlines flying to the US, which means no need to stand in long lines for clearance in the US (especially useful for travelers who need to make connecting flights).
- Free charging stations: It's great that YVR had many charging stations throughout the terminal, ensuring our smartphones were always fully-charged.
- Lots of great dining options: I've been to some airports with little (or no) dining options, and YVR had several great restaurants.
- YVR Carry On Food: If you prefer to purchase something from a restaurant to eat on a plane, take advantage of YVR Carry On Food, where your meal is specially packed to take onboard.
- Free Wi-Fi: Who doesn't love free Wi-Fi?
- Art: So much beautiful art on display at YVR!
- Plentiful shopping: YVR has your typical stores selling snacks, magazines, and drinks, but they also have stores specializing in kitchenware, kids toys, and more!
- Services: Do you need a massage? How about a shoe shine? YVR offers these and other services right at the terminal!