In Hawaii, Hana Hou means to repeat; do again, so on this and every
Wednesday, I'll be posting a photo of a place that I'd love to visit
again, or of an activity that I'd love to try again on a future trip.
For great burgers, shakes, and other classic American eats, Johnny Rockets is the place to go.
Route 66 Burgers and Onion Rings
Kids Chicken Tenders Meal
Chicken Club Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries
Rocket Grilled Cheese Meal
Chocolate Strawberry Kiss Shake
Overall we all enjoyed our dinner at Johnny Rockets. I loved the club sandwich (although I wish I ordered regular fries instead of the sweet potato fries). I also thought it was cute how the meals come with a little bowl of smiley-face ketchup!
The service was
great, we got our food rather quickly, and it was a fun atmosphere!
321 W. Katella Ave., Suite 320
Anaheim, CA 92802
Contrary to its name, Manoa Chocolate is not located in the neigborhood of Manoa, but in Kailua, which may confuse some people (I admit I was a little confused). But after asking about the shops name, I found out Manoa means "vast, depth," which reflects chocolate's vast and deep flavors, as was evident in the numerous samples I was able to taste.
Manoa Chocolate Hawaii offers high quality chocolate using both Hawaii-grown cacao, as well as from other regions in the world.
I was able to sample several different flavors, including Hawaiian Sea Salt (very good), Ghost Pepper (it had a spicy kick, but not too strong), and Ali`i Kula Lavender (very pleasant).
However, the Breakfast Bar, which is layered with roasted cacao nibs and roasted Kona espresso beans, was my favorite. I decided to buy a bar to share with the boys.
The very helpful employees will share so much about their chocolate, but if you want to get even more details on their chocolates and the bar-making process, you can pay for an in-depth tour.
If you want a taste of Hawaii, or if you are a chocolate-lover, be sure to stop by Manoa Chocolate!
Manoa Chocolate Hawaii Suite 203, 315 Uluniu St Kailua, HI 96734 (808) 262-6789
While on our Vancouver trip our family ate at a lot of great restaurants throughout British Columbia, and we sure ate a lot of great food! Here are my top 10 eats:
1. Classic Poutine from Howe Sound Brewing Company Restaurant - There was one thing I was looking forward to eating most while in Canada - Poutine! The beer-battered fries topped with the gravy and cheese curds was AMAZING!
2. The 1306 Omelette from Paul's Omelettery - A variety of mushrooms and cheeses, garlic, and onion created the perfect combination.
3. Brownie Butter Snickerdoodle Ice Cream from Rain or Shine Ice Cream - Sweet, creamy, and with chunks of cookies - the ice cream was absolutely divine!
4. Chocolate and Peanut Butter Crunch Bar from Cactus Club Cafe - You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
5. Gorgonzola Pizza from Steamworks Brewpub - Topped with bacon and other yummy ingredients, the pizza had a very nice tang.
6. Caramel Gingered Apple Crisp from Milestone's Grill & Bar - This is the first time I ever tried an apple crisp. Topped with ice cream and caramel sauce - it was simply delightful!
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion from Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar - Like I said - you can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!
8. Kurobuta Terimayo from JAPADOG - The best seller for a reason - the toppings, which consist of Fried Onions, Teriyaki Sauce, Japanese Mayo, and Seaweed, is just so good!
9. Blue Bubble Gum Gelato from Silvestre Gusto Latino - Not something I would normally try, but it was surprisingly good!
10. Strawberry and Chocolate Glazed Timbits from Tim Hortons - I'm not much of a donut eater, but these Timbits were the perfect sweet snack for a plane ride home.
I admit, I love tater tots, so a few years ago when I saw a local news station post a picture of the tater tot nachos from Home Bar and Grill, I knew I wanted to try it, and I finally did.
Big John's Spicy Kim Chee Fried Rice
Kalbi Fried Noodles
Seared Ahi Sashimi
Because Chris "The Situation" Tai Wanted It Tater "Nachos"
We were there on a Saturday evening and the place was PACKED!
And it's no wonder - the food is super good (and the drinks are great too!).
I really enjoyed the fried rice, tater nachos (how can anyone not like tater tots topped with cheese, sour cream, and bacon?), and garlic chicken. I didn't eat the other dishes because I don't eat seafood or beef, but everyone else seemed to enjoy the food too.
Home Bar is a great place to hang out with friends and enjoy some delicious food and drink!
Don't forget the tater to nachos!
Home Bar & Grill
1683 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96826 (808) 942-2237